Volunteer Ireland Awards 2021
Shortlisted nominees announced!
We are proud to announce this year’s shortlisted nominees for the Volunteer Ireland Awards.
This year three outstanding volunteers have been shortlisted in each category. Six groups have also been shortlisted in the small (3-20 volunteers) and large (20+ volunteers) groups categories as well as three volunteer managers in the Outstanding Volunteer Manager category.
Winners in each category will be announced on December 3rd during the Awards Ceremony.
Click on the links below to read their inspiring stories.
2021 Category Shortlisted Nominees
- Uta Uí Almhain, Oriel Traditional Orchestra, Co. Louth
- Elena Sawczenko, Tipperary Gold Star Project & HSE Disability Services, Co. Tipperary
- Jennifer Sullivan and Robert McBurney, Living Well with Dementia Sweet Memories Choir, Co. Dublin
- Seamus Connolly, Autism Equality Dublin Bay, Co. Dublin
- Larry Magnier, Blackrock Tidy Towns & Louth Tidy Towns Together, Co. Louth
- Aisling Maloney, Various Organisations, Co. Tipperary
- Angela Locke-Reilly, AIRC Mayo and Midlands, Co. Westmeath
- Nigel Heneghan, Community Creations, Co. Dublin
- Mary Browne, Children’s Grief Centre, Limerick
- James and John Lynch, Age Action, Co. Cork
- Majella Beattie, CARE Champions, Co. Longford
- Raymond Carr, Aviva Centralised Vaccination Centre Programme, Co. Dublin
- Susan Hewitt, MADRA (Mutts Anonymous Dog Rescue and Adoption), Co. Galway
- Michael O’Halloran, Waterloo Renewal Group, Co. Cork
- Sheena Twist, Burren Animal Rescue, Co. Clare
- Ellen Leacy, Down Syndrome Limerick, Co. Limerick
- Marian Kierans, Healthy Ireland – Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda & LMETB, Drogheda, Co. Louth
- Noreen O’Flaherty, Recovery Haven Cancer Support House, Co. Kerry
- Tony O’Brien, Cork City Community First Responders, Co. Cork
- Jonathan Lynch, Meath Civil Defence, Co. Meath
- Brian Niland, Galway RNLI, Co. Galway
- Magdalena Lisiak, Tipperary Gold Star Initiative, Co. Tipperary
- Phillip Gaffney, Naul Community Council, Co. Meath
- Joe Cribbin, Ballyleague Mens Shed, Ballyleague & Cloontuskert Tidy Towns, Co. Roscommon
- Susan McCahill, Donegal Dynamos Special Olympics Club, Co. Donegal
- Michael Kenny, Cullen-Lattin AFC, Co. Tipperary
- Seamus O’Doherty, Hillview Sports Club, Co. Tipperary
- Robbie Stack, Aviva Centralised Vaccination Centre Volunteer Programme, Co. Dublin
- Tricia Nolan, South Dublin Volunteer Centre, Co. Dublin
- Shirley Hewston, 40th Company Manorhamilton Girls Brigade, Co. Leitrim
- Meitheal21 – Down Syndrome Tipperary, Co Tipperary
- A Lending Hand, Co. Dublin
- Carrick-on-Suir Meals Assistance Service, Co Tipperary
- Innovate Communities – INSPIRE Mentoring Programme, Co Dublin
- Free Legal Advice Centres, Co. Dublin
- Volunteer Listening Group, Recovery Haven Cancer Support House, Co. Kerry
The Volunteer Ireland Awards are kindly supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD), which recognises the importance of volunteers in our communities. To learn more about the Awards, please visit our website.