Do you want to celebrate all things volunteering? Check out some ideas on how to get involved below!
- Download our National Volunteering Week resources to celebrate and promote National Volunteering Week in your community or organisation.
- Record a quick video thanking volunteers and sharing why they’re important to you or your organisation. Share it via email and on social media. Don’t forget to use #NVWIreland and tag Volunteer Ireland so we can share it!
- Host an event for your volunteers – it could be a coffee morning or maybe a fun activity like a quiz or scavenger hunt. Maybe even a training session?
- Give your volunteers a certificate of appreciation. You can email it to volunteers and share it on your social media.
- Let volunteers know the impact they have – were you able to provide more services because of your volunteers? What difference do they make to your organisation and the community? Let them know!
- Now let everyone else know – consider sharing your volunteers’ story with the local community and local media.
- Get involved on social media – tell us about your volunteers using #NVWIreland and #ConnectingCommunities. Don’t forget to tag us!
- Engage with your local Volunteer Centre – National Volunteering Week is a great time to take stock of your volunteer programme – do you need to recruit more volunteers? Do you need to create more flexible volunteer roles? Your local Volunteer Centre can help guide you. Find your nearest one here.
- Download our National Volunteering Week 2023 resources to celebrate and promote National Volunteering Week in your community or organisation.
- If you already volunteer, why not encourage a friend to join you? Be an ambassador for the organisation you volunteer with!
- If you’re thinking about volunteering but aren’t sure what to do, National Volunteering Week is the perfect time to take the plunge. Contact your local Volunteer Centre or check out what’s on offer here.
- Get involved on social media – tell us about why you volunteer using #NVWIreland and #ConnectingCommunities. Don’t forget to tag us!