Volunteer Ireland is governed by a board of eight volunteers, who represent our stakeholders – volunteers, volunteer-involving organisations and Volunteer Centres.
Volunteering Ireland, trading as Volunteer Ireland, is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity (CRO 362625 / CHY 15474 / Charity Registration 2005 3505). Our registered address is 18 Eustace Street, Temple Bar, D02 WR53, Ireland. You can view our entry on the Charities Regulatory Authority website here.
Annual audited accounts
You can download our full annual accounts for Volunteer Ireland below:
- 2016 Annual Accounts (pdf format)
- 2015 Annual Accounts (pdf format)
- 2014 Annual Accounts (pdf format)
- 2013 Annual Accounts (pdf format)
- 2012 Annual Accounts (pdf format)
- 2011 Annual Accounts (pdf format)
End of year reports
Members and Directors
- History and current account of members and Directors of Volunteer Ireland
- Board and sub-committee meetings 2017
- Audit sub-committee Terms of Reference
Information about Volunteer Ireland staffing
Below are the salary ranges of Volunteer Ireland senior staff:
- Number of employees with a salary of €60,001 – €70,000: 1
- Number of employees with a salary of €50,001 – €60,000: 0
- Number of employees with a salary of €40,001 – €50,000: 3
Codes and standards of practice
Volunteer Ireland holds itself to the highest standards. We report our performance in accordance with the format provided in the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and in particular report our performance for the financial year in the form of the SORP’s Statement of Financial Activities (SOFA). As of 3 November 2015, Volunteer Ireland complies with The Governance Code for the Community, Voluntary and Charity Sector in Ireland, as a Type C organisation. You can also view our compliance statement.
Volunteer Ireland strives to deliver the best possible service to all stakeholders. However, if you would like to make a complaint to Volunteer Ireland you can find our complaint policy here.
As a charity, it is important for Volunteer Ireland to make ethical choices that are in line with the principles of the community and voluntary sector in Ireland. Our values, as laid out in our 2018-2022 strategic plan, are: Inclusion, Respect, Integrity and Courage. You can find our full ethical policy here.