There are 21 Volunteer Centres in the Republic of Ireland. Along with supporting volunteers to find organisations to volunteer with – and vice versa – they deliver a number of services to support volunteering in their counties. One of these is the provision of training in volunteer management and leadership to organisations that involve volunteers. Good volunteer management is at the heart of volunteering across Ireland and Volunteer Centres teach best practice in volunteer management to organisations big and small. See below for all upcoming training courses.
As part of Charity Trustees’ Week, 12th to 16th of November, Kerry Volunteer Centre is hosting a Trustee Information Seminar on Wednesday 14th of November from 1.30pm to 3.30pm at The Brehon Hotel, Killarney. The seminar is free and a great opportunity to get up to date with the brand new Charities Governance Code, support your understanding of Risk Management and learn about the Kerry Volunteer Centre’s bespoke training program on ‘How to Do Fearless Governance’ be rolled out in 2019.
Trustee Information Seminar Content
- Overview of the new Charities Governance Code: launching Wednesday 7th November
- Introduction to Risk Management: delivered by Webinar in conjunction with the Carmichael Centre
Launch of the ‘How To Do Fearless Governance Training Program’
- Understand the content the new Charities Governance Code
- Understand how the Charities Governance Code impacts Trustees
- Understand the nature of risk in nonprofit organisations#
- Understand what makes a good Risk Management System
Andrew Madden, Carmichael Training and E-Learning Officer Geraldine O Sullivan, Kerry Volunteer Centre Manager
Chairpersons, Trustees and Management of Kerry based nonprofit organisations
Booking is essential as places are limited to 3 Trustees per organisation. Reserve your place with firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm Monday 12th November.