Study Abroad Service Learning Placements
If you are an organisation that runs a study abroad programme for students, Volunteer Ireland can help enhance the study abroad experience by arranging service learning placements for your students.
Volunteer Ireland have long standing relationships with many volunteer involving organisations around Dublin and each service learning placement aims to place specific focus on the students field of major and academic needs. We do our best to place each student with an organisation to which they wish to further build on their skills whilst being part of a meaningful role.
For the past 5 years Volunteer Ireland has worked in partnership with a large study abroad organisation, succesfully placing between 50 – 150 US students each year into meaningful placements in Dublin.
Group Volunteering Projects
Volunteer Ireland worked together with 20 study abroad students as part of a group volunteering project where the entire group came together for a day working part of a team, painting and transforming an area of a supported housing association for families in Dublin’s inner city.
What are the benfits of an international service learning placement?
- Volunteering will help your students engage within the non-for-profit sector outside of the classroom setting and really get to know Dublin and its culture
- Enhance students cultural awareness, personally and professionally
- Students will gain valuable experience which can be added to their CV
- Have a chance to take some responsilbility, use initiative and make decisions
- Make a differnce to a non profit organisation
- Translate academic subjects through real world activities with a positive impact on all participants
If you would be interested in finding out more about this service, talk to Niamh Byrne, Programmes and Development Officer on (01) 636 9446 or email email@example.com