Volunteer Ireland Award Nominations
Nominations Now Open
Nominations for the 2018 Volunteer Ireland Awards are now open and will close at midnight Friday 5th October 2018.
Volunteer Nomination Form
Anyone can nominate a volunteer, the only requirement is that the nominee is someone who gives their time and energy voluntarily. Nominate a volunteer now.
Volunteer Manager Nomination Form
Volunteer Managers are an essential support for volunteering in Ireland. Nominate an outstanding volunteer manager today. This person may be in a paid or unpaid role.
Who can nominate?
Anyone can nominate themselves or a volunteer they know (eg: a co-worker, employee, fellow volunteer, friend, relative, neighbour, or coach). There is no limit on how many people you can nominate.
Who can I nominate?
- Anyone you know can be nominated.
- Any type of volunteer can be nominated – full-time, part-time, once-off, brand new or very experienced.
- Nominees who receive payment for their work are not eligible.
- Couples or partners who volunteer together are eligible for every category excluding the Outstanding Group Award. However, groups or teams of three or more are only eligible for the Outstanding Group Award.
- Each year we also give an Outstanding Volunteer Manager award. Nominees for this category only can receive payment for their work. Volunteer managers who give their time voluntarily are also eligible for this category.
Can I nominate a group of volunteers?
The Volunteer Ireland Awards launched a new category in 2017 for Outstanding Groups of Volunteers. Any group of 3 or more volunteers can be nominated in this category. Please note that given space restrictions, not all members of shortlisted groups may be able to attend the awards event.
Can children be nominated?
Yes, volunteers under 18 years can be nominated. Volunteer Ireland will seek permission from a parent/guardian for the nominee to participate in the campaign if they are shortlisted.
Who is organising the awards?
The Volunteer Ireland awards are organised by Volunteer Ireland (Charity No: 15474). President Michael D Higgins is Patron of the Awards.
You can contact Volunteer Ireland at 01 6369446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
When is the Gala Awards Ceremony?
The Volunteer Ireland Gala Awards Ceremony for 2018 will take place on Friday 7th December in the Carlton Hotel, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
What happens when I submit my nomination
- You will receive email confirmation of your nomination. If you are unsure if your nomination has been received, please contact us before re-submitting it to avoid duplications.(01 636 9446 or email@example.com)
- Every nominee will be sent a personalised Thank You card from Volunteer Ireland to acknowledge their contribution as a volunteer.
- If shortlisted, nominees will be contacted in early November using the contact details supplied on the nomination form.
What are the categories?
Nominations are categorised by the focus of the work of the organisation that they volunteer with. You can only select one category per nomination, using this form. If you are nominating someone for the Volunteer Manager Category you must use this separate form. The categories are:
- Animals and Environment
- Arts, Culture and Media
- Campaigning and Awareness Raising
- Children and Youth
- Health and Disability
- Safety and Emergency Services
- Social Work and Social Inclusion
- Sports and Recreation
- Outstanding Group
- Outstanding Volunteer Manager
For more information on each category, click here.
How do I choose a category?
Choose the category that best suits the organisation that the nominee volunteers with. Don’t worry too much if you are unsure which one to choose, we will correct the category if it is not the most suitable.
For more information on each category, click here.
How are nominees shortlisted?
– Nominations will be collated and names will be removed before shortlisting. A shortlisting panel reviews the anonymous nominations.
– Nominations will only be judged on the information provided in the original nomination form.
– Each nomination will be read and scored a minimum of two times by separate judges.
What are the Marking Criteria?
- The dedication to their role
- The impact on their community or cause
- The demonstration of creativity, initiative or passion
- Bonus Point: Outstanding contribution
How is the recipient of the Christine Buckley Volunteer of the Year Award selected?
After shortlisting, the top-scoring nominations in each category are read and scored by the judging panel to determine Ireland’s Volunteer of the Year. They will then receive the Christine Buckley Volunteer of the Year Award at the Ceremony on December 7th.
Note: Nominees from the ‘Outstanding Groups’ and ‘Volunteer Manager’ categories are not eligible for the overall Volunteer of The Year award.
What is the Community Hero Award 2018?
Shortlisted Nominees are automatically entered for consideration in the Community Hero Award 2018 in association with the The Wheel and will be subject to the terms and conditions of this awards initiative. More information on this awards scheme will be available shortly at www.charityimpactawards.ie.
Terms & Conditions