National Volunteering Week 2021 takes place from 17th – 23rd May.
Do you want to celebrate all things volunteering? Check out some ideas on how to get involved below!
- Record a quick video thanking volunteers and sharing why they’re important to you or your oragnisation. Share it via email and on social media. Don’t forget to use #NVW2021 and tag Volunteer Ireland so we can share it!
- Host an event for your volunteers – it could be a coffee and cake zoom call or maybe a fun virtual activity like a quiz or scavenger hunt. Maybe even a training session?
- Give your volunteers a certificate of appreciation – you can download our special National Volunteering Week certificate here. You can email it to volunteers and share it on your social media.
- Let volunteers know the impact they have – were you able to provide more services because of your volunteers? What difference do they make to your organisation and the community? Let them know!
- Now let everyone else know – consider sharing your volunteers’ story with the local community and local media.
- Get involved on social media – tell us about your volunteers using #NVW2021 and #SmallActionsBigImpact. Don’t forget to tag us @voluntireland.
- Engage with your local Volunteer Centre – National Volunteering Week is a great time to take stock of your volunteer programme – do you need to recruit more volunteers? Do you need to create more flexible volunteer roles? Your local Volunteer Centre can help guide you. Find your nearest one here.
- If you already volunteer, why not encourage a friend to join you? Be an ambassador for the organisation you volunteer with!
- What small actions have you taken for yourself or your community? Let us know on social media using #SmallActionsBigImpact
- If you’re thinking about volunteering but aren’t sure what to do, National Volunteering Week is the perfect time to take the plunge. Contact your local Volunteer Centre or check out what’s on offer here.
- Get involved on social media – tell us about why you volunteer using #NVW2021 and #SmallActionsBigImpact. Don’t forget to tag us @voluntireland.
- If you’d like to try volunteering but don’t want to go all in just yet, why not try out a quick microvolunteering opportunity? You might even be able to do it sitting on your couch. Learn more about microvolunteering here.