MANAGING VOLUNTEERS AT FESTIVALS AND EVENTS TRAINING
In Ireland, volunteers play a key role in many festivals and events. In many instances, these events wouldn’t take place without the engagement of volunteers. Volunteers can play a key role in making your event or festival a success. They can carry out a wide range of roles from managing your social media and welcoming your guests, to acting as event ambassadors and carrying out production roles.
This managing event volunteers training course has been designed, based on our experience of managing event volunteers with the input from recognised professionals in the field of event management, we also have feedback and input from volunteers who have been involved in a wide range of events and festivals. This course is designed to support you to develop the skills and knowledge to effectively recruit, manage and motivate event volunteers.
During the course, we explore the successes and failures of engaging volunteers at events. The course will also allow you to share your experiences and learn from others in the same position as you.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Communicate how volunteers can add value to your event.
- Attract the right volunteers for the right roles.
- Develop a plan for managing event volunteers running up to and during the event.
- Assess your volunteers’ contribution to the event and recognise their contribution.
- Ensure that you develop a volunteer programme that engages volunteers and leads to Volunteer retention
How much does it cost and how can I find out more?
- €175 per person (Public / Private Sector) or
- €100 per person (Not for profit organisation)
Book your place on an upcoming training now. We can also deliver this course to your organisation at a venue and time that suits you.
This course aimed at Event Managers, both paid and voluntary who currently, or is looking to, engage volunteers at events or festivals. Book your place on our upcoming training courses now.
To register your interest in attending this one day course please contact Stuart Garland, Training & Programmes Manager, Volunteer Ireland. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our services please see our Volunteer Management Services & Products brochure.