TEAM IMPACT DAYS
Volunteer Ireland’s Team Impact Days is a service that matches teams of employees with not-for-profit groups for unique and meaningful community volunteer days. Suited to companies with limited internal resources to source and manage a team volunteering project and companies new to volunteering.
With our Team Impact Day service, Volunteer Ireland can help you identify your corporate volunteering ethos, connect your company with volunteer organisations, source projects for your staff, and evaluate the volunteering experience.
Similarly if you are a charity or community organisation who would like to welcome a corporate volunteering group to tackle a project, please contact Darren Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should your company take part?
Volunteering breaks down barriers and offers major benefits to your company, your staff and the community in which you operate. A company volunteer project can offer an increased opportunity to:
- Raise the community profile of the company, by strengthening relationships with employees, enhancing image and brand awareness;
- Promote wellbeing: employees benefit from making a difference in the community and report major satisfaction in contributing to a defined and valuable community need and in using their skills to work with colleagues in a new environment; and
- Build organisational capacity by establishing new relationships, connecting with the community and meeting new people.
About Team Impact Days
Volunteer Ireland can work with your company to identify opportunities for your employees and support you in the delivery, co-ordination and evaluation of high-impact and memorable projects. These projects usually take place over a full day (occasionally a half day) and may take the form of practical opportunities such as gardening, painting, refurbishment, environmental restoration or group excursions e.g.: with children or those with special needs.
There is a project management fee for a standard Team Impact Day project. The base cost for a project with 15 volunteers is €425 and each additional volunteer over 15 and up to 40 costs €10 per volunteer. For this fee Volunteer Ireland will:
• Source a suitable project in the community for your volunteer team
• Agree project parameters, tasks, expectations and costs
• Conduct a project site risk assessment
• Provide your team with information materials prior to their volunteer day including: a Company Coordinator Checklist; Volunteer Information Pack; Team Leader Information Pack; Health & Safety Pack; Volunteer Checklist; Sample documents for your use such as Volunteer emergency contact details sheet; Photo/ Video waiver and release form; Fitness to volunteer declaration form; and Volunteer agreement
• Provide a dedicated staff member to project manage your company volunteer day. Our staff members have extensive experience leading company volunteer days, achieving project goals in a timely manner and ensuring the project has a positive impact on both the charity, its service users and your employees. Our staff have a wealth of knowledge on managing painting, gardening and maintenance type projects along with horticulture qualifications which means we are happy to help with plant selection and development of simple planting plans and garden layouts for your project
• Ensure all tools, materials and supplies are ordered and present on the day
• Access discounts on paint and garden plants through our established trade partners
• Ensure projects goals are completed and to the highest standard
• Conduct a follow up survey with your employee volunteers
A sample costing for a project involving 30 volunteers is below:
|Project with 30 vols||Base Cost||No of projects to be sourced||No. of additional volunteers||Cost|
|Standard Management Fee (for 15 volunteers)||€425||1||€425|
|Additional volunteers – 15 (€10 per additional volunteer)||€10||15||€150|
Volunteer Ireland is happy to provide a project specific costing for companies looking to involve more than 40 volunteers. This is due to the extra administration and coordination that larger volunteer numbers and volunteer projects require.
*Please note, in order to confirm a project payment of the standard project management fee is required.
Depending on the type of project, you should also allow an additional budget for materials to realise the project activities on the day (e.g. paint, plants, tools etc.). Depending on the project this might range from €500 – €800 and occasionally up to €1,500 for larger projects. You should also consider budgeting for employee food and travel expenses.
Email email@example.com to enquire about our Team Impact Day service.