Team Impact Days
Our Team Impact Day service is currently oversubscribed. Therefore we are not in a position to take on additional projects between now and the end of 2018. However, we would be delighted to send you on some basic information about our Team Impact Day service via email and connect with you in the new year to see how we might work together to provide a quality experience for your employee volunteers and give a boost to communities all over Dublin.
Volunteer Ireland can work with your company to identify opportunities for your employees and support you in the delivery, co-ordination and evaluation of high-impact and memorable projects. Volunteer Ireland matches teams of employees with not-for-profit groups for unique and meaningful community volunteer days.
About Team Impact Days
Team Impact Day projects usually take place over a full day and may take the form of practical opportunities such as gardening, painting, refurbishment, environmental restoration. Your volunteers might paint a local community centre, improve a garden at a senior citizen’s residential complex or refurbish a school science lab.
Volunteer Ireland will source a project for your team, carry out site visits, detail the project tasks and outcomes, source all materials, arrange for all tools and materials to be ready at the host organisation when you arrive. We will then lead and advise your team through out the day to make sure the project is completed to a high standard.
Our focus is on quality. We aim to provide your employees with a high quality volunteer experience while ensuring we have a positive and measurable impact on the cause or community being supported.
If you are interested in a Team Impact Day for your team let us know and we will send on our list of available projects.
We mostly work with smaller community organisations who do not have the financial or human resources to complete vitally necessary works. In most cases a project simply will not get completed without the support of a company and their employee volunteers. This makes Team Impact Days hugely impactful for the communities we support and very rewarding for the volunteers.
If you are a charity or community organisation who would like to welcome a corporate volunteering group to tackle a project, please contact Terri O’Brien at email@example.com.
To complete a Team Impact Day your company will need to provide a budget to cover the costs of the materials and tools required to complete the hands on project.
There is also a project management fee for Volunteer Ireland’s project management fee.
The costs for a standard Team Impact Day with up to 15 volunteers are €900 for materials and a €600 project management fee. Material costs may vary depending on the project you select.
(For larger groups projects will be priced at up to €100 per volunteer which covers materials and management.)
Our experienced team will manage the entire project; determining the scope of the tasks, sourcing and ordering supplies and tools, conducting risk assessments, leading the project on the day and ensuring project goals are completed to the highest standard. To make your team impact day a success we:
• Source a suitable project in the community for your volunteer team
• Agree project parameters, tasks, expectations and costs
• Conduct a project site risk assessment
• Provide your team with information materials prior to their volunteer day including: a Company Coordinator Checklist; Volunteer Information Pack; Team Lead Guide; Health & Safety Pack; and fitness to volunteer declaration form
• Provide a dedicated staff member to project manage your company volunteer day. Our staff members have extensive experience leading company volunteer days, achieving project goals in a timely manner and ensuring the project has a positive impact on both the charity, its service users and your employees. Our staff have a wealth of knowledge on managing painting, gardening and maintenance type projects along with horticulture qualifications which means we are happy to help with plant selection and development of simple planting plans and garden layouts for your project
• Ensure all tools, materials and supplies are ordered and present on the day
• Access discounts on paint and garden plants through our established trade partners
• Ensure projects goals are completed and to the highest standard
• Conduct a follow up survey with your employee volunteers
Volunteer Ireland is happy to provide a project specific costing for companies looking to involve more than 40 volunteers. This is due to the extra administration and coordination that larger volunteer numbers and volunteer projects require.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about our Team Impact Day service.