As a member of the Fáilte Abhaile Volunteer Programme you will be part of a vibrant community of airport teams, airlines, business partners and passengers from around the world.
The volunteer programme is a volunteering initiative which complements the existing passenger service teams, already employed by Dublin Airport. As a volunteer you can enhance the passenger experience with a true Irish welcome and join in the festivities and good cheer over the busy Christmas period.
The programme is being conducted in partnership with Volunteer Ireland, which will recruit volunteers through its registration and screening programme. Successful volunteers will attend a customised volunteer training programme which will include airport familiarisation, problem solving, passenger assistance and communication skills.
Many airports throughout the world operate similar volunteer-based initiatives. While we already have established customer teams at Dublin Airport, the Fáilte Abhaile / Welcome Volunteers will complement the work they do.
Your aim is to welcome the world home to Ireland!
To become a Failte Abhaile Volunteer, you’ll need to:
- Be available to commit to a minimum of four (4) hours each week during the month of December i.e. the duration of the programme.
- Participate in any orientation and feedback sessions related to the programme.
- Follow the security regulations and policies of the Dublin Airport.
- Obtain daa vetting and other security checks given that the programme is based at an airport.
- Be of assistance to passengers arriving at the airport (both Terminal 1 & Terminal 2).
- Provide general directions and accurate information regarding services available at the airport.
- Enthusiastically enhance passenger engagement with a friendly and positive attitude.
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and meet a variety of people from all walks of life.
The Failte Abhaile Volunteer Programme offers you:
- A supportive and vibrant volunteering community.
- Full training and orientation sessions.
- Discount on food and beverages while volunteering.
- Allocated free car parking during your volunteering shift.
- Volunteer recognition
Fáilte Abhaile Volunteer Programme – How to apply
To apply to be our this unique volunteering programme and team please complete an online application form. Applications close Friday 22 November. Our focus is on recruiting retired employees that have worked at Dublin Airport, in daa, the airlines or companies based at Dublin Airport. The volunteer programme is managed by Volunteer Ireland.
We are a diverse and inclusive volunteer programme, who are accepting and welcoming. We provide a safe space for everyone to volunteer. By joining this Volunteer Programme you agree that everybody should be free from intimation or harassment, resulting from prejudice or discrimination.
To volunteer for this programme applicants must be retired. Applications are welcome from former retired employees of daa, or airlines based at Dublin Airport. There are a limited number of volunteer opportunities in this pilot phase so not everyone will get selected.