This National Volunteering Week, we have partnered with Mental Health Ireland to provide a free session on the five ways to wellbeing for volunteers. This year has been more difficult than most and with volunteers giving so much back for others, now is the chance to focus on your own wellbeing.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing are simple actions to practice each day to maintain or improve our mental health and wellbeing. The New Economics Foundation developed the set of evidence-based actions in 2008. The project examined research from across the world on proven actions that can help us to feel good and function well.
- Small improvements in wellbeing can increase our ability to lead a more fulfilling life.
- Each action in the Five Ways to Wellbeing can make a positive difference to your life.
- The Five Ways to Wellbeing are free and easy to incorporate into your life.
- You are probably doing some of these actions already without being aware of it.
- To get the most from the Five Ways to Wellbeing, try to combine all of them on a daily basis.
Mental Health Ireland’s Finola Colgan will take us through the five ways and how we can introduce them into our daily lives.