Join our 3-hour interactive training and learning with colleagues from across Europe. The impact of volunteering on the social inclusion of young people will be explored and we can learn about the challenges facing organisations and these can be overcome.
This is a new training developed by European volunteer development organisations and co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
- Be familiar with the Making it Matter project and its overall goal
- Understand what the definition of a disadvantaged young person is
- Be able to identify the benefits of volunteering for volunteers and organisations
- Have explored ways to recruit young disadvantaged volunteers and the capacity needs of organisations
- Consider the barriers young disadvantaged people face when volunteering
- Create an action plan for your own organisation to include disadvantaged young people as volunteers
Trainer: Stuart Garland