Why Should Your Company Volunteer?
- Help make a real difference with a charity or community group in your locality - a team of corporate volunteers can often tackle big tasks that organisations have struggled to carry out.
- For employees, an opportunity to lend their time, skills and expertise to a charity or community group can increase job satisfaction, attitude and morale.
- Provide skilled workers with invaluable expertise for under resourced community and voluntary organisations.
- Research carried out by Deloitte in 2011 found that employees who frequently participate in their company-organised volunteer activities were twice as likely to be very satisfied with the progression of their career and rate their corporate culture as very positive. These staff are also more likely to be very proud to work for their company.
- Group projects encourage teamwork and can be a great way of improving communication across departments and between employees and supervisors. A change of environment can be good for staff too.
- Volunteering can also enhance corporate reputation and increase brand awareness, trust and loyalty among consumers.