Thomas Street Volunteer Ambassador Programme 2013 - 14
Do you love The Liberties area?
Do you like meeting new people?
Would you like to share your knowledge of Dublin City Centre with visitors?
One of Dublin’s most historic streets, Thomas Street is at the heart of the city’s heritage. As part of The Dubline - Discovery Trail, we are looking for outgoing and knowledgeable Ambassadors to provide a warm, friendly welcome to visitors to Thomas Street, and the wider Liberties area, during this year's busy tourist season. This is an exciting opportunity to greet visitors from all over the world and to showcase The Liberties as a vibrant, welcoming and historic hub of Dublin City Centre.
- Thomas Street Ambassadors volunteer two hours a week to walk the streets of The Liberties and approach visitors with relevant cultural, historical and business information about the area.
- Ambassadors are asked to commit 2 hours per week for an 11 week period (allowing for holidays etc).
- Training & Support is provided .
- Shifts are outdoors from: 10am - 12.00pm / 12.00pm – 2.00pm / 2.00pm – 4.00pm.
- Ambassadors will be based between Christchurch Cathedral and James’s Gate and will be expected to walk around the wider Liberties area.
- Ambassadors must be over 18, have conversational English and be comfortable approaching visitors.
- This programme will run from Wednesday June 18th to Saturday 30th August 2014.
- Training, support, supervision and recognition are provided.