Liberties Volunteer Ambassador Programme
Do you love The Liberties area?
Do you like meeting new people?
Would you like to share your knowledge of Dublin City Centre with visitors?
One of Dublin’s most historic areas, The Liberties is at the heart of the city’s heritage. As part of The Dubline - Discovery Trail, we are looking for outgoing and knowledgeable Ambassadors to provide a warm, friendly welcome to visitors of The Liberties, during this year's busy tourist season. This is an exciting opportunity to greet visitors from all over the world and to showcase The Liberties as a vibrant, welcoming and historic hub of Dublin City Centre.
- Liberties Volunteer Ambassadors volunteer two hours a week to walk the streets of The Liberties and approach visitors with relevant cultural, historical and business information about the area.
- Ambassadors are asked to commit 2 hours per week for a minimum of a 6 week period (the full programme is for 13 weeks and volunteers can contribute more if they want to!).
- Shifts will run every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday for the duration of the programme.
- Shifts are outdoors from: 11am - 1.00pm / 12.00pm – 2.00pm / 1.00pm – 3.00pm.
- Ambassadors will be based between Christchurch Cathedral and James’s Gate and will be expected to walk around Thomas Street, Meath Street, Francis Street, and south towards St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Newmarket, encompassing the wider Liberties area.
- Ambassadors must be over 18, have conversational English and be comfortable approaching visitors.
- This programme will run from Wednesday 3rd June to Saturday 29th August 2015 and shifts will be available every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Training, support, supervision and recognition are provided.
The Liberties Volunteer Ambassador Programme is coordinated by Volunteer Ireland and supported by Dublin City Council and Fáilte Ireland, as an initiative of The Dubline - Dublin's Discovery Trail.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role then please fill out then online application form here. Successful applicants will then be invited to a group interview.
For further information about the role then please download the full role description here.
A map to the location can be found here: https://goo.gl/maps/TDpsf
If you are interested in attending then please email Claire Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01) 636 9446.